Visit our Crafters Forum
Visit our Dollar Store Forums
This post was created by Crafting Blogger Erin, from A Bird and a Bean
Doesn’t that DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub look good? Just wait till you feel it!
Your hands, feet, elbows, legs, arms….EVERYTHING will be so smooth. It’s luxurious!
And I love the light yellow color that the olive oil and lemon oil makes this scrub.
This stuff feels so decadent and expensive. No one will know this is a “Dollar Store Project”. :)
Sugar Scrub makes a fantastic homemade Mother’s Day gift
and the perfect Teacher Appreciation gift!
Every teacher and mama needs a little extra love and pampering now and then! What teacher or mother isn’t constantly on her feet or using her hands? I’m both a teacher and a mother, and I know I would love to get this gift! My hands and feet are always a wreck! (You can use this scrub all over your body though, it’s not just for the rough areas.)
You could even tie a gift card to a spa on the top for an extra special gift!
Lemon Sugar Scrub
What you need:
- Glass jar (Dollar Tree. $1.00)
- Sugar (Dollar Tree 1 pound for $1.00 or Dollar General 2 pounds for $1.50)
- Olive Oil (Dollar General $2.50)
- Lemon Essential Oil (Online – Retail $13.33 or Wholesale $10.00…making each drop about 5 cents)
What you do:
- Mix 2 cups of sugar with 1/3 cup of olive oil. Stir until it’s a crumbly, but wet consistency. You can add more olive oil as needed to get the consistency that you like.
- Add a few drops of Lemon Essential Oil. I used about 6 drops for this jar. (There are 250 drops of lemon essential oil in the bottle, so each drop is about 5 cents, what a bargain!!)
- I really like to use lemon oil in this scrub because it’s a powerful aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser. It cleanses air and uplifts the mood. (A little background. For years, I used to get all of my essential oils at the grocery store or health food store. But I’ve found that the quality of DoTerra oils are seriously unmatched. I’m so glad I made the switch. These are cold pressed and certified therapeutic grade oils. Even the 100 percent organic oils that I bought previously have “external use only” written on the bottles. WHAT? This means they contain fillers, chemicals and have been over processed. DoTerra oils are so pure that you can even ingest them. If you’d like to learn more, or have any questions at all, please contact me. I love sharing about my experience. It’s the best decision I’ve ever made for the health of my family. I know that sounds totally dramatic, but it’s true! bahaha) erin(at)abirdandabean(dot)com
- Give away to your favorite teacher or mama.
- Or use it yourself!!
- To use, take about a tablespoon of the scrub and rub all over feet or hands. Massage in for a few minutes and then rinse.
- Enjoy your smooth luxurious skin and the lovely uplifting lemon aroma! :)
If you like this craft. Come on over to my blog A Bird and A Bean. I have more where that came from!
Erin is a middle school teacher and mother of two. She is passionate about kids and crafts, projects and parties, food and fun! She blogs about her adventures with all things DIY at A Bird and a Bean. She loves making every day creative and every holiday special. Check out her blog to see more fabulous ideas. You’ll be glad you did.
Thanks for this goes out to WeUseCoupons.com
I may try this in lavender or vanilla.