Friday, April 19, 2013

Halloween Wreath ..DIY Craft..

 

I am posting this early but found it online today and thought this would be great to make!

October is right around the corner and I'm finally embracing

all those Halloween decorations I started to pull

out way too early.

Feeling inspired and seeing that we were expecting a few days of rain, 

Aidyn & I made a trip with my sister to the 

Dollar Tree in search for crafts to keep us busy.

Our candy corn wreath is now adorning

our front door with all it's festively bright colors. :) 

Here's how we made it.

I pulled out all the materials we would be needing for the wreath

and plastered the family room table with them.

I started by painting the wreath form with black acrylic paint.

One coat was enough to cover it nicely.

Once the paint dried I applied a layer of Mod Podge

since our plan was to hang it outside.

Aidyn's favorite part!

We used 1 1/2 bags of candy corns 

{and that's including all those "broken" and "destroyed" pieces we ate.}

I alternated hot gluing the candy in layers pointing in the same direction.

I glued just enough to cover the front but left

the back clear so it would lie against the front door flat when we hung it.

I brushed on a thick layer of Mod Podge to the entire wreath to seal it.

For a final touch, I took out my Cricut and cut 6 different sizes of the 

same flower out of black paper to layer.

I Mod Podged the leaves, added a black rhinestone

to the middle of each flower, and hot glued them to the wreath.

I looped the twine around the top to hang the wreath to finish it off.

It was easy, fun, and only ended up costing me $3!

This picture and post is thanks to http://www.sevinfamily.com/

http://blushingbeebyme.blogspot.com/2013/04/halloween-wreath-diy-craft.html

strtwgdiv_thumb[1]

No comments:

Post a Comment