It’s even better when you pair it with these chocolate chip breakfast scones. Inside they’re tender and filled with milk chocolate morsels. Outside they’re crispy and sweetened up a bit with an iced coffee glaze.
While the scones are cooling off a bit you’ll want to pour a glass of the vanilla iced coffee. To make these drink even better, use iced coffee cubes. I’ve never liked a drink that gets watered down with regular ice cubes as they melt so when you freeze the International Delight Iced Coffee, they melt down into the same flavor you love.
Try these together as a sweet breakfast or a cool afternoon snack. Either way, you’ll appreciate the coffee buzz and satisfy your chocolate craving.
Chocolate Chip Scones with Coffee Glaze
Author: Cat Davis
Prep: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons very cold butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons International Delight Vanilla Iced Coffee
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and use a pastry knife or your fingers to press the butter into the flour mixture until it’s crumbly.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla and one egg.
- Use your hands to work the mixture into a ball of dough. Don’t over mix.
- Lightly flour a hard surface and shape the dough into a 2 inch thick round of dough, about 8 inches wide.
- Cut the dough into 6 – 8 triangles.
- Place the triangles on a baking sheet. Whisk the egg and brush the tops of the scones with the egg.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and iced coffee until smooth. Pour over scones and serve.